Mar 29, 2008

Quick Note

I had a wonderful dinner out with LP last night. I love spending time with her! She is such an amazing woman and a lot of what she does reminds me of Noni. I feel so blessed to have her in my life! We have a difficult time finding time to spend with each other as our schedules are both soooo crazy. This note however is about what happened when I got home.
As I was leaving the restaurant I called home to see if CJ wanted me to pick up anything at Dunkin Donuts for him. (I have a serious hot chocolate addiction lately.) He said no and that was that until I got home. When I came in I brought in some bags from shopping I did prior to dinner and put those away and then went in to tuck KM in. I walked into her bedroom and she was sobbing. I asked her what was wrong and she replied "I was worried you wouldn't tuck me in when you got home!" ---Hmmm, she has never done this before. She does sleepovers with no problem, the only time she had a real problem was once when she was suppose to spend the weekend with her friends in Maine, but that was a few years ago. So of course I started thinking and freaking out - am I doing something wrong? Is she reverting back and losing her independence now that she is homeschooling?
Then I took a deep breathe and said - "What's up? Are you nervous or scared about something?" She replied, "No, but Dad wouldn't let me call you, because you had just called and said that you were on your way home, but I was afraid I would fall asleep before you got home and I sleep better when you tuck me in!" -ooohhh
Well I am not sure what is going on, but I am not going to freak out about it. I will reluctantly admit that it kinda made me feel good. One of the things that I was really worried about when I was thinking about homeschooling was that she would get sick of being with me so much - Guess I can wipe that worry off my list!

No comments: