May 10, 2008

Sad Moments

This can be a difficult time of year for so many around me who have lost their mothers. It is a horrible club to be part of, but know that you are not alone and they are always watching out for us! I came across this quote and I thought it was very fitting for how I feel the day before Mother's Day.


Because I feel that in the heavens above

The angels, whispering one to another,

Can find among their burning tears of love,

None so devotional as that of "Mother,

"Therefore, by that dear name I have long called you,

You who are more than mother unto me.

—Edgar Allan Poe



When my mother got sick 2 years ago, we all thought she will push through, she will get better. She started the treatments and she was so full of fight and life, we thought there is no way this is going to take her down. Quickly we saw that was not the case. Within 3 months she was gone. All of our lives were so changed over that very short timespan. We will never be the same family without her here, but we try. We barrell through! We see her face whenever my neice smiles ~ Noni would have loved her so. We think of her so often, of the things she would have said, what she would have done, how she would have fixed things. My sister and I not only lost our mother that day - the only true mother either of us ever had - we lost our best friend, the only person we felt ever unconditionally loved us, the one that we could say how much we hated her and she would say nothing but "I Love You too!" She knew all of our secrets. All the stories that held all of us together. She was not perfect, she made her fair share of mistakes as we all do, but I hope one day my daughter will have half the love and respect for me that I hold in my heart for her!


We Love and Miss you every minute Noni!

No comments: