May 17, 2008

Doesn't it always figure!!!

KM took her placement test for next year's math as we are strongly leaning towards using the Teaching Textbooks series. She really liked the demos and the way they break down the specific problem if you get it wrong, not just one that is similar to it, so that it is easier to see where you made the mistake. I think that it will keep her engaged better than just using a textbook and me at the whiteboard as well.
So she took the test and passed it to start out in Pre-Algebra (yippee), but of course the site has been down all day! I have heard that this time of year most of the educational sites hit bumps in the road but this is crazy how many sites have been down these past two weeks. - I can't imagine what it would be like to try to order things last minute in August. Of course most of you know there is no way I could be sane all summer if I didn't know for sure what we are doing next year!

No comments: