May 25, 2008

Day of Art & Music

We had a great afternoon with some friends attending the Spring Planting Moon Pow-Wow & Crafts Festival today ~ http://tinyurl.com/3urf2r ~ the kids had a great time. One of the other mom's said to KM "I wish my music classes were this much fun when I was in school!" Which put a smile on her face.

KM could not get over how detailed their beadwork was and kept commenting on how much patience they must have to make such precise pieces. The intertribal ceremonies were incredible and the drum circles was a fantastic site as well. She got some great photos of some of the formal tribal attire.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We had the opportunity to attend a Pow-wow 2 year ago. My children had a fantastic time. They had a little activity center set up for the kids to do fish painting. My kids were fascinated by all the dream catchers.

Life With Us said...

We were there too!!
Danette
www.xanga.com/dcart

Fairyluver said...

Wow what a wonderful event...I'll have to plan to go next year!!