Jan 23, 2009

Fitness Friday - Week 1


Excuses, Excuses, Excuses -

I could sit here and list dozens of excuses as to why I have not been vigilantly sticking to some sort of routine on the Wii Fit, but I am not going to bore you with all that!

I can only HOPE and KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED that I will get better. We have been using the Wii Play a lot in the evenings - bowling and tennis are KM's favorites, but I know I should be more diligent in my routine with it and I know if I am I will see results.

I think there are also some things with the Wii Fit that drive me a little crazy which is making me not want to use some aspects of it. For instance I am a yogi - in case you never noticed the pic on the side or my bio - I love yoga, but I can't stand the waiting in between and the getting into one pose then having to go through the controls to get to another it so not ZEN! I do like the basic premise of it and have heard that there is a game for the Wii that is just Yoga, so I may look into that when I get a little extra money - hahaha that's like an oxymoron these days right? -

I do LOVE, LOVE, LOVE most of the aerobics and balance games though. My favorite is the step, when I do get myself on there I have been working my way through the step levels and then doing the free step for 30 minutes with 1.5 lb hand weights - while I change the input and watch something on the DVR - LOVE THIS FEATURE! I also really like the boxing and will generally do at least one 6 minute set on there - again though I do wish that there were at least a little less in between time.

So in my strive for more consistence in a fitness routine, I will do what any good homeschooling mom would do - put it into the schooling routine! If it is in that school schedule IT WILL GET DONE! One way or another! It is magical how you write it in there and it manifests itself within day!

Lets see how it works!

7 comments:

Momstart said...

That sounds like you are doing great. I haven't excersiced anymoer than picking up my kids

Stacy Uncorked said...

I am humbled with you being a Yogi! :) I dislike the Yoga on WiiFit - mostly because I can't get the poses down right (well, some I can, so I do a happy dance...heh, heh!) but you know, I think you hit the nail on the head why I don't enthusiastically attack the poses - because you can't just fluently move from one to the other, you have to fiddle with the controls to get from one to another.

I do, however, love the aerobics and balance games. And doing the free step with hand weights has really let me 'feel the burn'. :)

I look forward to reading your weekly updates! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm terrible with yoga. I actually just had a head CT today because apparently the Wii telling me my balance sucks has a reason. The Wii Fit helps me focus on staying in the right spot and I really feela difference! Looking forward to reading your progress!

Unknown said...

I have never tried the Wii yoga. I need to get the fit first and we can't find one.

Do you have a circuit city by you? They are going out of business and have their games 10% off right now. My local store didn't have a big selection but it might be worth a look.

About staying on track, it is hard. But one thing that I read is..

Success is getting back up more times that you fall. I keep telling myself this when I am feel bad for not doing a workout or cheating on my diet.

Real Life Sarah said...

Oh, I totally agree about the yoga. I would like to be able to string together a routine seemlessly, although I love doing each pose... just not the waiting.

My favorite is the free step, too. I like to watch the news.

Jodi said...

Do you know what the Yoga game is called? I am going to look for that also. And yeah, I've been bad at keeping up. I am restarting (again!) tomorrow morning. :)

Fairie Mom said...

I had thought that there was another one that was just yoga, but I have not been able to find it again...hmmm...however I did find My Fitness Coach which had some really good ratings for it on Amazon, but I opted for one of my favorites that I had been holding off on getting until about 5 minutes ago...I ordered Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 -
I am optimistic for it especially since you can actually workout at the same time as someone else - not being able to this with Wii Fit made me and my daughter a bit crazy.I will let everyone know how it is when I get it!
Thanks for stopping by -
G