Dec 1, 2008

I don't like packing....


I just don't like! Even when it is only for a one night trip, I just don't like it. I always pack too much, but manage to forget something that we NEEDED! I dislike packing even more when CJ is coming somewhere with us, because he takes literally 2 seconds to throw four things in the bag and then complains at how long it takes me to pack!!! Well gee - I have to remember all those little things like toothbrushes, hairbrushes, goggles, bathing suits, hair ties...on and on....on and on... the list goes on and on until it looks like we are going away for a month!
I can't even imagine how parents of 4 or more kids do it!!!!

5 comments:

Todd said...

Maybe you should just be thankful you CAN pack to go somewhere. Some of us can't even afford the luggage. *wine speaking*

Fairie Mom said...

While this is true - I do appreciate the fact that we are going away for the night - it is only an hour away for an Economics thing for KM and it will probably be one of our only "Family" trips of the year. CJ usually can't risk being away and missing a job, especially this time of year. Believe me the economics issues are hitting around here too - the gas prices coming down was the only reason we are even able to do it!

Unknown said...

I don't like packing either. I always bring way too much. But the thing that I cannot stand even more in unpacking and getting everything back to normal. With 5 people it can be hard. I couldn't imagine anyone with more kids.

Todd said...

That's fine. I was just making a funny. Hope you have a good time :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL as someone with 4 kids I have to say it takes me a ridiculous amount of time to pack for everyone!! I hate packing but like Summer fae....I hate unpacking and putting everything back top normal!! That takes even more time I think!!

I always start abut a week before our trip with making a list of what each person will need. Then I just make sure that all of the laundry is caught up and then pack everything except toiletries ( toothbrushes, toothpaste, doederant, etc) and bedtime sleeping "accessories" ( blankies, buddies, etc) the night before. Then in the mroning as each person gets dressed, toiletries go into a labeled zip lock bag ( which I hand each person as they enter the bathroom..LOL!!) and then go right into that persons packed bag :)

It's a lot of work and a lot of planning!!!