Nov 30, 2008

Decking the Halls....With Sponge Bob?

We were a bit late this year in getting our decorations up. Usually we do it the day after Thanksgiving, but CJ was working and we had to get a new tree....CJ went to the store to pick up new smoke detectors and some extra lights and when he got back, went into the crawl space to get the tree out - we suddenly remembered that we had recycled the 6 year old tree last year - as it had just served it's time! - and had planned to grab one during the after christmas sales - OOPS!
It took him along time to pull those branches apart, but in the end it was worth it.


They decorated....

while I nitpicked...

and hung the stockings, doodads and boobles..

and it turned out beautifully!

We decided to put the Spongebob that is usually on the porch indoors this year.
I don't know how well SC is going to do with it, but it will be fun to see!

When do you do your decorating?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your tree. We will most likely start putting our tree up next week. Dh promised me that he would paint the living room first.

P.S. I am sorry to see you leave..but you know where to find me if you ever need an ear.

Todd said...

We usually wait until the very last minute to start decorating. Hopefully sooner this year. Your decorations are beautiful :)

Jodi said...

The kids and I did some decorating today. I've got some kind of sinusy thing so didn't feel like doing too much, and what I did made me feel incredibly tired!

Oh and I am going to send you an email about a group. :)

Anonymous said...

We begin decorating indoors and out anytime between December 1st and December 8th ( Bodhi Day), trying to make sure that it is all done by Dec. 8th :) We have been celebrating December in a very multi-cultural way for about 5 or years now beginning with Rohatsu/Bodhi Day then Winter Soltice, Hanukkah, Yule and Chirstmas :)