Nov 25, 2008

EcoZone Visit

This week we have been on a very light "schooling" schedule because the holiday is coming so I thought another field trip would be a great idea. Since we have been studying Biology and Life Science, I thought a trip to our local Natural Science Center was the perfect fit!
We had such a good time and the whole place to ourselves! Love when that happens!
Here are some of the cool things that we discovered...


some rather interesting plants...

This one above, we could not identify, any ideas?


Some small, delicate skeletons and a visual of the turtle that has cleared up the confusion KM was having with the structure of it...

SC's Favorite thing had to be the log tunnel, that had neat windows along it so that you could see into the water on each side.


Most appropriately timed pic of the week...


They really are ugly birds...when I was on the phone with LP the other morning, she was cursing at the dozen that were on her front lawn and KM said, "but they are soooo cute, how can she be mad that they are on her lawn?" REALLY she thinks THAT is cute!?!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never thought of going on a field trip this week. What a great idea. I will have to see what we can come up with tomorrow. LOL.

I think turkeys are beautiful. There is a farm that we go to all the time. They have turkeys that just roam around the grounds. When they have their tails all spread out they are amazing.

Todd said...

I agree that they're ugly birds. I can sort of see how someone might think otherwise. But if it isn't their mothers, than I don't know why anyone else. *smile*