Nov 16, 2008

Sunday Afternoon in the Kitchen

I spend most Sundays in the kitchen and today was no different!
However I didn't spend the afternoon baking goodies like I normally do,
I spent it making fingerpaint.

KM attends a bi-weekly art club with some other local homeschoolers and really enjoys it! Last week while she was doing her Creativity Express Art Program there was a lesson on making paint and she thought it would be a great thing to do with the other girls at Art Club this week, so I spent the afternoon trying to get the recipes to work. - I wanted her to be able to do it for the first time with the other girls. - There were several different ones, but for some reason the consistency just would not come out right on some of the more complex ones. Then I turned to the basic recipe that I had done hundreds of times at my old job - 1 part cold water to 1 part flour, add some food coloring and Presto - completely safe, non-toxic, totally edible fingerpaint!

This recipe always seems to work! Sometimes the simple route is the best route!

However if anyone else decides to try out the other recipes I linked to above, please let me know if there are any tricks that I may have missed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have never made finger paint before. I will have to try this.