Jul 3, 2008

Hooray for Lapbooks!

I came across this lapbooking thing a few months ago and we had decided to try it out over the summer. I really really like the idea of it! KM thought that this was going to be a great alternative to doing reports - which of course she detests!
I had downloaded a few totally piece together ones from currclick.com and Homeschoolshare.com as I thought we would try these out first to get the hang of it. However KM decided that since she had studied the pre-revolutionary American period up to the Declaration of Independence she wanted to try making one for the 4th of July. We found one on the revolution, then took some coloring pages and clipart from other places and here is what we came up with:






Not too bad for our first shot!!! She was amazed at how many of the answers she knew off the top of her head. I guess this whole immersive learning thing is working and lapbooking will absolutely be a big part of our summer!!!
Hope everyone has a Fun, Happy & Safe 4th of July!!!

5 comments:

Summer Fey Foovay said...

Hi! I love your blog. We have a lot of interests in common from looking at your profile, so I'll be back to read! Anyway - I couldn't find an email, and I wanted to let you know about my website, color-your-own.com, that has over 200 free printable coloring pages. A lot of home schoolers are using them, and I very much welcome and applaud anyone with that much courage! LOL. I also take requests. And I have some fairies ;)

Unknown said...

Great Job!! I am hoping to do more lapbooks this fall. :)

hsmomma said...

Great looking lapbook!

Anonymous said...

Great lapbook! Do you use www.homeschoolshare.com ? They offer free lapbooks and they are awesome! I just contributed a Mollusca labook.

Anonymous said...

Duh! I totally missed that you posted that! Slaps forehead... You may also like www.hslaunch.com It's too late, I am off to bed. LOL!