Apr 21, 2008

Monday Hike

We went on a fantastic hike with our homeschooling group today!

After the crazy amount of stuff we got done this weekend, I was so exhausted and almost skipped out, but I am so glad that I didn't!

We went to an area that I have never been before and it was so much closer than I would have thought - or even mapquest thought for that matter - It is amazing how many places are so close by that I have never been to and I have lived in the same area my whole life. I was mentioning that to a friend a few weeks ago when we were at another field trip and she says it is probably because I am from here that I have never been to any of these places- but anyway...

I am even more exhausted, but it was worth it! The weather was perfect, the company was wonderful and the kids were amazing!!! Our hike host had planned on us only doing half the trail, but the kids wanted to push on - and push on they did - all the way to the top! I was so impressed with the little ones - 4 & 5 - hiking to the top and scrambling over the rocks. It was a wonderful day - we even got to throw some science in by stopping by the weather observatory on the way. One thing that I thought of SEVERAL times while we were hiking was I am ever so glad I did not have SC on my back! I don't know how those dad's did it today!

Congrats to all who made it to the top today!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun! I am jealous. I wish that we had some places like that to hike around here. We have some trails, but you can only walk them so many times.