Apr 27, 2008

Finding New Insight

An author, Paulo Coelho, was recommended to me by my favorite librarian this past week and while I was looking up some info on him I came across two quotes that I really connected with and wanted to share my thoughts on.

"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path." - Paulo Coelho
~I think this is something that a lot of people should make a conscience effort to remember. It gets difficult at times for many reasons - as you want to be right, you want to share your wisdom, you want others to be able to feel the happiness that you feel. However you have to remember that what makes one person happy could make another sad, what tastes good to one person could cause an allergic reaction to another. We each have a right to our own path, so you have to find the line and not cross it when it comes to sharing and not pushing. We also need to remember that you cannot know what goes on in another person's home. No matter how many stories you hear, how many fights you witness or how many perfect report cards you hear about.

"Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering." - Paulo Coelhomy
~This made me think of my previous post - "Toxic or Not?" When is enough really enough? How do you make the decision to forget what has happened and move on or to forget and let go? IMO - Indecisiveness is the worse feeling. I would rather make a decision and deal with the consequences than sit and ponder and ponder until my head feels like it is going to split in two.

~Have a favorite quote that you would like to share? Please do in the comment section.

No comments: