Sep 22, 2008

Quietly Hiding

So I am quietly hiding out today - in my room with the curtains drawn - KM and I are watching movies and playing on the Wii - I am really dealing a lot better than I thought I would be - but I really don't want to listen to all the people who I have made fun of over the years - as I know they have been waiting for this day!!!

Can you guess what today is?

I have finally hit that milestone that everyone thought I would have a nervous breakdown prior to getting to - I have made it though! I am so grateful for all that I have been blessed with. I have a wonderful, supportive, eclectic family - and so many great friends that might as well be family. We have all that we need in our home and are becoming more and more truly happy as we find out who we are!

Have you figured it out yet?

I will say that I have very few regrets, for all the mistakes I have made have brought me to where I am - and to quote one of my newly favorite artists Amy Steinberg "I am exactly where I need to be, I need to be exactly where I am, I am not aimlessly existing"! Being in a much better place than a lot of people I know my age, I am forever thankful to those who have helped me get here! The biggest regret is that I am unable to have Noni here for this day! I know she is with me, in my heart and in my life whenever I need her though! I just have to remember all the wonderful birthdays that have gone by that I got to spend with her.

Oh that was a hint? hmmm...

Do you give up yet or did you guess it?

Today I turn 30!!!
I know it really is the new 15 - but it is still a bit scary!

5 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

Happy Birthday! Trust me 30 is not that bad, I turn 31 tommorow. So Happy Birthday from another Birthday Girl.

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!

Fairyluver said...

happy birthday!! I think once you have kids you tend to forget your age...at least I do!! So act like you feel... for me I stopped at age 18 and I still think of myself as 18!!!

Life With Us said...

Oh please! You are a baby. My Dh was trying to convince my relatives today that I was turning 42 .I said no I am the same age as you 41 and he really and truly believed that he was 42! He is trying to age us before our time!
Happy Birthday and Happy Fall!
Danette

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I'll be 30 in exactly one month but it is not bothering me one bit, lol.

Hope it was a great day for you !