Apr 16, 2009

National High Five Day


National High Five Day falls on the third Thursday of April each year. The holiday originated at the University of Virginia in 2002, and has since spread across the nation, and around the globe.

It’s easy to get caught up in the hype surrounding National High Five Day. If you find yourself getting carried away, it is best to simply extend your outstretched hand to the next stranger who walks by, and repeat until the High Five is reciprocated. Then move on. Repeat. - copied from official site


Check out the documentary on this phenomenon HERE!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I just wanted to pop on and say Thank You!! I came across your blog several days ago and have now finished going back and reading everything you posted. I am not currently a homeschool mom but am trying to make that decision whether to do it or not. One of my daughters is in kindergarten. We had talked about homeschooling her back before she started school. (I have a friend who homeschools her daughter.) But we went ahead and sent her to PS. It has been awful. She has a wonderful teacher but other then that it has been a tough road. My daughter started kindegarten already having known what she needs to know for the year. For example, she was reading on a second grade level at the beginning of k yet she had to do worksheets on learning letters. So, she hates school and we have a fight every morning to go. (And I hate feeling like I am sending my daughter to prison with all their rules, never mind the length of her day.) We are back to trying to make the decision on whether to hs next year or not. The problem is that the schools do not have any program in place for the kids that are academically ahead of their grade. Anyway, I loved reading your blog and it really has given me a little confidence boost in being able to hs. And the best part is, I got to see some NE weather. I am in Texas right now but I grew up in MA. I miss the snow and the seasons. And I am so jealous that you get to go to the Boston Museum of Science. I loved that place when I was there.
Anyway, thanks for letting me read. I plan on keeping up to date with your blog.

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you have here