Since 1967, on or around Hans Christian Andersen's birthday, 2 April, International Children's Book Day (ICBD) is celebrated to inspire a love of reading and to call attention to children's books.
Here are some great sites that we will be looking into today -
- International Children's Digital Library
- Article on Hans Christian Andersen and his Fairy Tales
- Digital versions of Hans Christian Andersen's story
- Andersen's Fairy Tales
- Of course we had to track him down on one of SC's favorite sites Story Nory
- Great Resources from British Library
- Read Write Think - activities
UPDATE - the day just got away from and after NUMEROUS phone calls, we didn't get a chance to get as much of this stuff done as we had hoped, but hey there is always next year right!!! While I was on the phone KM did spend a good deal of time on the Andersen's Fairy Tales site and played the Princess Pea Shooter game for a while - I think she liked watching her get struck by lightning the most!
Did you use of any of the resources - let me know if you did and how things turned out!