Nov 10, 2009

A wonderful autumn day...

was had by all here at GCK Homeschool!

We started out this morning making some super easy baby food!

We took four apples and a nearly bad banana, cooked them up with a little bit of lemon juice and put them in the bullet...SC was soooo excited to help!...

We got 26 oz. of baby food for less than the cost of one 5 oz. package! When we put them on the window sill so they could cool we realized how beautiful out it was!
So we popped GC in the stroller with her new favorite toy and I decided to rake a bit

then the girls decided they would benefit from my hard work, but really it was worth it to see their faces!


For lunch they decided to dine al fresco...

After lunch the littles went down for naps and KM got a bit of work done. She has started using Brain Pop and is truly loving it, but more about some of our schedule changes in a later post.....
When the littles awoke all the girls decided that we needed to head back outside again!

All and all it was a fantastic fall day. These are the days that we would be missing if KM wasn't home with us! I am starting to come to the realization that we do truly need to enjoy, cherish and be completely grateful for all the time that we have together as a family! Things are changing up again around here, but as I said before, that is for another post!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous! How I miss having a backyard where we can make (safe) leaf piles and play in them! It looks like a lovely day, and I hope you enjoy many more before the snow comes (which will make for plenty of wintry fun, eh?).

Fairyluver said...

I loved making baby food for my daughter I would spend all day Sunday making all different crazy recipies.
We also made a huge leaf pile this past Sunday...it was so big that my daughter lost her shoe in the pile and it took us a half an hour to find it again. The pile was about 9ft by 10ft and about knee deep...so when I say Huge leaf pile I mean huge :-) watching the kids play in the leaves is so fun you can't help but to think of your own childhood and how days like that were just...perfect!!

The Four Week Vegan said...

Now that was one great homeschool day. So glad the kids get time just to enjoy the outdoors and one another.