Nov 9, 2009

Meet the Masters - Cassatt

We finished unit 2 of Meet the Masters which covered the life and works of Mary Cassatt. One of my all time favorite paintings is her Breakfast in Bed -

It always reminds me of how cuddly little ones can be all snuggled up in bed! I miss the days of waking up to a snuggling toddler.

KM worked on the techniques for making plaids and sketching faces...


Mary Cassatt was also extremely famous for painting pictures of women in incredible hats, so we decided - since neither of us are really comfortable trying to draw people - we would focus on the hats. We also choose to collage the hats using remnant pieces from our scrap box! Here was our outcome -

KM choose to do a few smaller samples and I choose to do one large one.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I like the artwork! Since reading about "Meet the Masters" on your blog, I checked it out and think it will be an art curriculum we use in the future.

The Four Week Vegan said...

I have heard good things about that program. Looks like fun too.