Foreign Language - Latin
We will be continuing our Latin study at least through the fall and maybe into the winter...
- Learning Latin Through Mythology - two of KM's favorite things rolled into one, where could you go wrong with that?
- Minimus Secundus - KM really like the first level of this book, so I figured we should go for it again!
KM loves art and is very excited we are going to be starting Meet the Master which I got another great deal on through Homeschool Buyers Co-op!
Another one of KM's favorite areas so we have multiple resources here -
- Piano Adventures Series - this covers her lesson books, artistry and technique, theory, performance practice and her favorite - Christmas songs!
- Music Alive!
- Classics for Kids
- Voice Lessons To Go
We will be continuing to use the free curriculum supplements from NICHD publications. When I found this resource, just over a year ago, I thought it would be just some small little packets or pamphlets. I ordered almost everyone and nearly fell over when they arrived! These are full sets all ready to go into a 3 ring binder and some come with CD-Rom games and online interaction!
We also will probably be using a few of these websites -
Term Elective - KM picks a subject area each term that she would like to know more about!
With the newest baby around so much lately KM has become very interested in learning about child development. It is rather tricky to find information for Middle School at this level, but I did manage to find a few things...by searching under Babysitting Skills!
- Babysitting Handbook - American Girl
- 4H - Child Development Set - I was sooooo excited when I found out that you could just order the 4H curriculums and use them at home!
- REAL LIFE BABY IN OUR HOME 2-3 DAYS A WEEK!
- REAL LIFE TODDLER IN OUR HOME 2-3 DAYS A WEEK!
We will be attending our co-op for two classes this fall, as well as a Theater Group with our local homeschool support network. Our first co-op class will be Geography and loosely based on the Trail Guide to World Geography for the mapping aspects and different parents will be responsible each week to provide the cultural aspects that go along with it. The second class will be on Algebraic Reasoning using Family Math for Middle Schoolers and LOTS of math games. The theater group is the same one that she participated in last spring and they will be continuing to do some work on Shakespeare, as well as some monologues and some skits on famous historical times and people.
I think that is it for our fall session line-up. If you missed any of the previous posts just head to the top of the screen and type in curriculum picks and they should pop right up! Don't know how much we will get done or how many times we will change things around, but we are hoping for the best!
It may be quietier around here for the next few weeks as we take a bit of time off in between sessions! Be sure to let us know how your fall is starting out!