Sep 2, 2009

Curriculum Picks for Fall Session - 7th Grade - KIT FINDS

I mentioned the choices that we had made for our science curriculum last week, but as I was trying to find somewhere that had the physics kit that was recommended by Simple Schooling I also happened to come across an incredible kit to supplement The Story of Science - Milestones in Science!

I am soooo excited about this two kits! They are complete and FANTASTIC! I am amazed that no one has mentioned combining The Story of Science with this Milestones kit before, it seems like a no brainer to me. I am all about getting my money worth and with 100 experiments that is less than 80 cents an experiment! How can you beat that with everything all there and ready for you! The physics kit has 37 experiments and also has extremely clear instructions and meshes seamlessly with the simple schooling physics.


~~~After further investigation I must add- I usually wait to get kits in person when I just happen to see them in a store marked down to some ridiculously low price because I have been sooooo disappointed in the past, but THESE KITS are fantastic and totally worth the money. You have to add VERY few items like a 9-volt battery for instance. They also have INCREDIBLE clear and informative booklets that go along with them! The more I look at the them the more I am very happy that I didn't have my stingy cheap side come out and I got them!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Now I can see that we need to start investing in kits and models; we love hands-on science, and kits and models make it so very easy.

We are doing Earth Science and Astronomy this year, and my big goal is to purchase a telescope. But I'm sure there must be other things out there that could supplement our studies. Time for me to start looking!

Fairie Mom said...

I usually wait to get kits in person when I just happen to see them in a store marked down to some ridiculously low price because I have been sooooo disappointed in the past, but THESE KITS are fantastic and totally worth the money. You have to add VERY few items like a 9-volt battery for instance. They also have INCREDIBLE clear and informative booklets that go along with them! The more I look at the them the more I am very happy that I didn't know have my stingy cheap side come out and I got them!

Life With Us said...

What store? I loved the Story of Science books. That is the Joy Haikam ones right? We might try to come to the farmers market today if not today are you still there next week?
Danette

Fairie Mom said...

That is the set - here is the link http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=625719/272.0.1.1 which was connected in the link.
We are only at the farmer's market the 1st Thursday for their Natural Childhood Collabrative week.
We will be at bowling tomorrow though!!! KM would LOVE to see you guys!