Oct 1, 2008

Scary moments

Though I have tried to stay as positive as I can lately, it seems as though every time I turn around another scary moment is smacking me in the face. DD and LP have been spending many days at the doctor's as of late for various things, while some more serious than others it is very nerve wracking to wait for consultations and test results for loved ones.

Then today at lunch we had one rather scary moment, here in our own house. KM, SC, CJ, and I were all having lunch together when suddenly KM said, "What does it mean if I can't see right here?" and she pointed to her left side. Upon further questioning it seemed that she was having throbbing pain over her right eye, as well as loss of left peripheral vision. To avert the panic that was rising in my stomach, I immediately called her doctor's office, spoke with a nurse, made an appointment and had her go lay down until it was time to go. She was asleep within minutes -while I sat trying to not panic - and when I woke her up an hour later to go to the doctor, her vision had cleared. When we got to the doctor's, KM was very thorough in answering all the questions herself - she can be so mature when she needs to be - and the doctor felt incredibly certain that it was a textbook migraine attack. She suggested lots of rest, documenting all attacks, and ibuprofen to help when one hits. Since KM will be seeing her primary care at the end of the month for her yearly physical, we did not need to schedule another appointment before then.

So now we sit and wait to see if another one hits her...I am soooo not good at waiting.
I feel like this is all I have been doing lately. Waiting to hear back about someone's something!

2 comments:

Todd said...

Glad it was *only* a migraine, but I hear thos3 really suck. *HUGS*

Favorite Kitty said...

My daughter had a few really bad headaches all of a sudden and then when she started chomping on ice like a crazy person, I looked it up. The chewing on funny things usually indicated an iron deficience. Went to the doctor, took some blood, and she was low in iron. He said you will get headaches. Just keep that in mind.

Also, I get bad headaches when I eat dairy products. I havent had any in a long time and the headaches went away.

I hope she doesnt get any more! Good luck at the doctors.