Jan 4, 2010

Homemade Holiday Gifts

KM worked very hard this year making lots of holiday gifts. I couldn't post pictures before hand because it would have ruined some suprises, but now that we have visited our last family stop I had to show off her craftiness.

At our co-op holiday party the kids made these great ornaments with plain glass ornaments and acrylic paint. KM immediately wanted to make them for all her grandparents and aunts. We all had fun doing this one.



KM has tried her hand at cross stitch before, but never really had the stamina to finish it.
She worked on this for quite some time and was very happy with the results:


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Modge Podge! KM does now too! We got some plain glass bowls from the dollar store, added some Modge Podge and tissue paper and here are the results -



I had to play with the lighting and such and these pics really don't do them justice, but I think you get the idea. It gives them almost a stain glass like look. They can be used for centerpieces, fruit bowls, candle holders or whatever. You can also do this on other glass surfaces or to cover up something else. KM has now been stockpiling things that she wants to decoupage for gifts!

4 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

We've made those oranments before and think they are so beautiful and each one is different like a snowflake too. Her stitching is lovely - I wish I had the patience for it.

Unknown said...

Love the ideas here!

Terri said...

Hey Gina,

Can you actually eat off these plates? I'm so impressed. We may have to come over for a lesson.

Terri

Fairie Mom said...

Hi Terri -
You can actually eat off of them, because the modge podge is only done on the bottom side!
I can give you the low down next week!
G