Jan 1, 2010

2010!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year -
filled with kindness!!!



I have been thinking a lot about what I want for our family this year and the one word that comes to mind is kindness. I want us to be kinder to one another as well as to ourselves. Not that we are mean or nasty to each other, but sometimes we take for granted the things that are done. Just because someone is responsible for a chore or duty, doesn't mean that they don't like to be thanked or acknowledged for their efforts in making our lives run a little bit smoother.

In an effort to be kinder to ourselves, I am going to try to be more mindful of taking real DOWN TIME! We all need to have to time to recharge and re-energize by doing things that make us feel happy and fulfilled. I am going to try to set aside time each day to do something that we truly enjoy. No matter what it is - whether that is artwork, craft, watching a movie, reading a book, or playing a video game - that time is important!

My true hope that is if we are kind to one another and kind to ourselves, we will all be a little less stressed! Which in the end will make for our a happier family who then can be kinder to others as well!

3 comments:

Working Through said...

Beautiful post. Thanks for reminding me that downtime is really needed. I never seem to take any for myself. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is a great wish!

The Four Week Vegan said...

Awesome goal for the new year! Happy New Year with lots of kindness!!!