Sep 29, 2010

Snap-It Screen Capture Review

I was contacted with a request to review this fantastic product - Snap-It Screen Capture! This tool is a must for bloggers!!! Here is some info from the site:

Capture anything you see on your PC screen!
Don't waste time cropping your captures. Take a "snapshot" of anything exactly what you need, with just a click.
Easy to Learn, Easy to Use!
Some features include: 
  Supports hotkeys, auto-saving, clipboard
  Automatically copies screenshots to the clipboard
  Tracks capture history, auto-saves captured images
  Saves files in BMPGIFJPEGPNG and TIFF formats
  Auto-names captured images
  Crops out sections of vector graphic files such as Fireworks, Adobe Illustrator or Corel without having to flatten the files or open in a new editor
  Irreplaceable tool for Designers, Office Workers, Business People, Analysts and more
  Perfect for Technical Writers who have to describe interfaces, menus, buttons, etc.


It is great for catching the images as you see them, so as your explaining something - POOF there it is....

You can show images of anything that you see on your screen! From the Blogger dashboard - 



To your desktop - 

To a screenshot of Homeschool Tracker - 




This would also be a fantastic way to incorporate images, text info, or other features into reports and presentations for homeschoolers, educators, business people, and really anyone that wants to put together a professional looking piece! It was super simple to install and after really looking through the site easy to use. I will say that I had two small problems with the program. For one there wasn't any explanation of how it worked. I had to REALLY go through the site to understand exactly what I was doing. I had expected some sort of explanation or tutorial to pop up when I downloaded it, but that didn't happen. It may on the full version, but I have no way of knowing that. The second problem that I had that I was unable to resolve was that when I press my hotkey to take a pic of the screen, I have to have my cursor exactly where I want it as it vanishes as soon as I hit the key. This caused a lot of cropped shots that I wasn't expecting - 


      


Beyond those few glitches, I would highly recommend this program! Take a look and if you are willing to recommend it and write a review Snap-It is willing to give out full licenses to the product in return! For more information contact there sales rep HERE .

Thanks for reading and if you do a review, be sure to link back here as well to let me know what you think!
  

No comments: