Aug 18, 2010

Planning, Planning and Replanning...

That seems to be all I do these days. Even once I am sure about what we are going to use, something always seems to fall through the cracks, crumble into a million pieces at that the last second or just not turn out to be what we thought it was going to be.

What I usually do in the spring is get a general idea of what KM wants to learn over the next "school year" outlined and try to plan out what we will use to accomplish the goals that we have set. Then I use the summer to really dig through the books and programs that we hope to use, as well as having her try out things and see if she really thinks they are going to fit with her learning styles. We also pick apart programs and decide what pieces we will and will not do.

So this past week I have been steadily finalizing the programs that KM is sure she wants to use and trying to find replacements for those that she is sure she DOESN'T want to use as well! There were some rather big changes that suddenly needed to be made for reasons beyond our control this week, but we are going to make the best of what we have. As I refuse to purchase even ONE MORE text or workbook for her for quite some time. We have more than enough that I have stockpiled when things were on sale, gotten from friends or of course received through Paperback Swap!

I will be finishing up our tweaking over the next week and will be editing our resources page to reflect our picks as well. I may even get the ambition to finish some reviews that readers have been asking for, so please stay tuned...as I try to finish getting things under control around here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are also knee-deep in planning over here. I'm having a very hard time scheduling in the amount of flexibility I would like. I keep thinking it will get easier, but I have a feeling that's just wishful thinking.