Jun 11, 2010

Update on Camper Project

I got an email this morning from a long time reader that was wondering how our camper remodeling project has been going as I had not updated on it quiet a while. It is ironic as CJ went to Lowes last night to get the floor tiles -
KM hasn't been able to help with the project as much as we hoped as she was having issues with the dust and dirt agitating her asthma, but we are almost to a point that she can start helping again. On the exterior CJ has removed the awning, caulked all the seams and seal coated the roof as there were a LOT of leaks. After he was sure the leaks were sealed he was able to reinforce and straighten the outer walls. He removed all the 70s orange shag rug and will be working on painting the interior before installing the floor tiles. Once it is all painted and the floor is in, we will be reinstalling the refrigerator and installing the larger sink where the stove was - we NEVER used the stove when we camped - except for more storage, so I felt the bigger sink would be wiser use of the space. The last and most daunting area will be the bathroom. We are hoping to be able to salvage the shower and sink unit and just have to get a new toilet as the bathroom units are rather pricey.
I will be sure to post pictures once the painting is done, I really think that is going to make such a huge difference!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exciting ! I know dust is one of my #1 triggers with asthma . carpet stores so much dust ! I think once you have those dust & possible moldy things out of the way it will be more enjoyable ☺
I so wish ds14 had something physical like this to work on , You've definately got me a thinkn ☺

Anonymous said...

LOVE that flooring!!!