So I thought I would start with my favorite subject:
Math -You may have seen my post in the spring where I mentioned that CJ and I had discussed having KM take a year off from Teaching Textbook. She did Pre-Algebra last year and did a really great job - averaging a very strong 94% -, but I felt that maybe I was rushing her a bit in this area. I really want her to fully understand the concepts and processes of math. So we will be working through some pre-algebra and area specific workbooks at least through fall and winter. Here are the ones we will be starting out with -
- Tables, Charts and Graphs
- Building Basic Skills - Problem Solving Grade 7
- Math Minders Graphing - Grade 7
- The Complete Book of Algebra and Geometry - Grades 5 & 6 - I made this choice because KM has never had much Geometry and the Teaching Textbooks did not cover it at all, so I really feel like she needs this before she moves onto the more advanced concepts in Algebra 1 and Geometry
- Family Math - Middle School Years - Our co-op is going to be doing an algebraic reasoning class using games and projects from this book as well as some great math board and card games.
- Cluefinders Math Adventures
- Math Blaster
- Carmen Sandiego Math Detective
- High Achiever Middle School Math 1, 2, & 3
- Middle School Advantage 2007 - Pre-Algebra & Geometry
- Snap! Geometry
I am sure that there will be more to come in this area, as I am ALWAYS finding new things for math - so I will keep posting additions!