Dec 22, 2011

Merry Yule to One and All!!!



Our yule was a bit different this year because CJ had to make a deliver and we decided to each open one present on Wednesday before he left. KM was rather estatic when she found out that she would be getting her room made over. We will be heading to our local hardware store to pick out paint next week. This is going to be a bit of an ongoing project since she has a lot of stuff that will need to be jostled and gone through and CJ will have to find a stretch when he is home to do the painting. She has been waiting for this for quite some time as she felt she had outgrown the shades of pink that adorn her walls a few years ago.



This morning I slept much later than usual - CJ calling to check in at 9:20 is actually what finally got me out of bed - but I felt SOOOO good when I woke up. I don't remember the last time I slept that well without CJ here so I must finally be adjusting. After a late breakfast I began the delightful task of baking, baking and more baking. I really enjoy baking especially when I know we will be bring things to our family friends that will put a smile on their faces! KM jumped right in to help out and got very creative with the cookie frosting. We made two different types of chocolate chunk cookies, prepared the Brioche dough from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, cranberry bread from scratch and gingerbread cookies. The house smelled so good!!! 















Also when I was preparing the Brioche dough I needed to double check the recipe and came across this fabulous recipe for sufganiyot - HERE - a fried doughnut that you make with the brioche dough that was INCREDIBLE and is going to be our new fried dough!! We didn't do the jelly filling, but just dusted them with powdered sugar --- mmmmm...so good! 




Hope that you had a very Merry Yule today and celebrated the solstice in a way that befits your family!

No comments: